Sadly, people who date online now have to be more careful to avoid being scammed. Actually, not every image you see as a profile picture is the real identity of the person. Scammers upload fake pictures and many of them are Nigerian brides or girls who devise means to dupe others for their personal benefits. This is how to know Nigerian women that want to scam you:
- Their profile pictures do not look real and you can find some of them on modeling websites.
- They do not post proportional height and weight. For instance, you may see something like 6 feet and 95 pounds.
- They say their hair is blonde and their eyes are blue when they are actually dark and brown.
- They usually use Jones, Moore, Smith and Williams as surnames.
- They claim to be American even though their photos do not agree
- Their photos look older or younger than their age.
- Their age range is usually wide
- They use usernames such as “4real” and “4luv”
- They do not read or write like Native Americans
- They don’t know most American slang
- They quickly address you with pet names such as honey, baby, sweetheart and angel.
- They use emoticons a lot
- They use BUZZ a lot in their comments
- They avoid those personal questions
- Their IM details do not agree with the information on their profiles
- They overuse short forms. For instance, instead of “I am”, they say “am”
- They like using Keller, VA as their address because it has 23401 as zip code with Nigeria
- They love quoting the phrase: “Don’t let distance or color deprive you from true love”
- They don’t like staying long on the website. Instead they prefer chatting on Yahoo or MSN
- You rarely see them on weekends
- They call you for a chat when the time is inconvenient for you
- They quickly remove their profile pictures as soon as you begin conversation
- They spell wrongly
- They use “i” instead of “I”
- You will often see incomplete words in their comments. For example: pls instead of please and sry instead of sorry.
To View REAL Nigerian Dating Profiles Check Out THIS SITE
Vocabulary of a Scammer
Often Scammers vocabulary is poor. You may see something like this:
- am kool
- Do u care to have anyman to luv you
- Looking for a soul mate in life
- Am happy in life
- i am careing, loveing and care to see someone like me
- i am younger than my age for ur information
- Ok, what if am not in luv with you
- i want you to be my sweety
Additional Things to Watch Out For
- If you suspect them for their inconsistencies, they will claim someone must have used their account while away. They always have something to tell you and they can never accept their wrongs
- They can’t spell their cities and towns correctly. They can’t even tell you the major attractions or landmarks in the cities
- If they can’t answer your question immediately, they keep silent for several minutes to search the Internet. When they resume conversation, they claim they had to use the bathroom or that they had a phone call
- They often chat with several people at the same time. You should suspect this when they fail to respond to your messages immediately
- They often ask you to use your webcam yet they never use theirs
- They send you unsolicited poems and love letters. Sometimes, the letters even bear another person’s name.
- They claim fate and destiny brought you together
- They don’t waste time in claiming they love you
- They are usually not reachable on the phone
- They demand for money so they can come around because they can’t spend a day without thinking about you
- They claim to be out of town for business or family issues
- They claim to be African Americans
- Many of them tell stories about how they lost their parents or children in an accident
- They claim to have no one else but you for financial assistance
- To them, the amount you give determines how much you care
Even though there could be some exceptions to these, be aware of scam especially if you see many of these signs from a Nigerian girls.